Thursday, August 24, 2017

Journey to the North Buenos Aires, Tigre!!

Tigre is a town in Buenos Aires. It 's located in north of Buenos Aires. It can be reached by bus or train from city. Because I live in near of Belgrano C in Barrio Chino, I decided to take train. The journey took about 45 minutes and only cost ARS 5. The train is very comfortable. But if you go on weekend, prepare your self to stand during the trip because Tigre is very popular to visit on weekend. Why I decided to go to Tigre? simply because it's near and easily to access. Before I went to Tigre, of course, I did small research about this town. all blog and review said that this place is beautiful. But, when I tried to look for image or pic from google, it's like so-so place. Not as beautiful as they described it. So, I didn't want to expect anything. Just enjoy the weekend.

Delta Tigre
Around 11. 30 am I started to heading to Belgrano C from Palermo because I had appoinment to see apartment. I went to Tigre with three of my friends who also living in Buenos Aires and from indonesia. The Train to Tigre was full and yup we stood during the trip. 45 minutes later, finally we arrived in Tigre estacion. The station is very beautiful. The weather was very nice. I loved the blue sky at the moment. First things to do, we went to restaurant to grab lunch. We had lunch in an italian restaurant. I ordered for ensalada (salad) and i was really suprised, I only got cheese, basil and pieces of tomatos. Come on -_-


After had lunch, we decided to visit art museum, Museo de Arte de Tigre (MAD). about 2 km, okay I forgot just check the google map, please. We went to there by foot. As an Indonesian, having 2 km walking is pretty far. But don't worry, a lot of `instagramable place` you can visit a long street from estacion to Museum. The canal was very beautiful. The town was so clean, cleaner than Buenos Aires itself. The building was pretty. I like everything in Tigre.

This is it, the photos I got during walking...

Cabin

La Marina Rowing Club

winter + sunlight = sunbathing

Perfect day and perfect place to relax

another shot of La Marina Rowing Club

I am planning to visit this town agian on Autumn

The bridge



This is MAD Museum. To get into museum, you need to buy ticket. is it worth to buy ticket entrance? Yes, definitely. On ground floor you would find a lot of painting. to be honest, I didnt know munch about painting especially for the abstract. And for the 1st floor or 2nd floor? it's upstair, I would really recommend you to go upstair. The building it's awesome and there was outdoor spaces. You could see Delta Tigre from there. After visiting Museum, we wanted to buy some es cream in Helados via Toscana. It's very famous and had long queue normally.

Shot from Museum...





Inside museum...




Dont forget to go to upstair...





I scream for ice cream...

they have a lot of variant and normally have long queue

Ice Cream


The second place we visited was floating market. it's opposite from Museum, so we needed to walk to estacion then head to floating market. A lot of thing were sold here. To be honest I was bit dissapointed. I couldnt find the floating market. But I bought some papa fritas (frensh fries) and I really like it.

Papa Fritas!!!!


Andddd dont forget to follow my instagram journey @iPassportStories

No comments:

Post a Comment