Friday, August 25, 2017

Learning Spanish part 1 ~ be Carefoul with the pronunciation

Hola,,,, I am back again. Now not about place that I want to share but about the spanish language. Because I live in a country that most people use spanish as their daily language, of course I need to learn about it so I can jump to their conversation. And as part 1 I will tell about how they pronounce alphabet or some words. It's very important.

Here's how to pronounce alphabet in spanish


Not much different how to pronounce it in spanish and in indonesian language, right? But you need to take it seriously for this

G => not Ge in Indonesian way, but Ghee (if you know about arabic 'kho' after 'kha'. It's sound similiar with that. Ghee)

J => not Je in Indonesian way, but khee (same with 'G' but 'kha' in arabic alphabet)

N with wave above it => it's 'nyaaa'

V and B => they sound similiar. So in order to make it clear, you can say V as ve corta and B as be larga.

X => equis? yes, that's long right :))

Y => i

ll (double l) => in spanish usually pronounce as 'Ye' but in Argentina they pronounce it as 'Esse'


Why is it important?? Let me tell you some stories.


Story 1, in a restaurant

Me : Can I have, Aji Molido (chily flake) ?
waitress : Que?? (she seemed confused)
Me : (directly pointed ath the object)
Waitress : ahhh.. Akhiii Picante

Story 2, in random place with random people

Someone1 : where do you work?
Me : O-L-X. Do you know it?
Someone1 : No
My friend : O-L-Equies (Oeleqisss)
Someone1: ahhhh Oeleqissssss

Story 3, in office

I asked to helpdesk guys to give me some permissions just like my bos.
Someone: Who is he?
Me : Yael (in Indonesian way)
Someone: Sorry?
Me: yael?
Someone: Yaa??
Someone2 (his friend) : Sael
Someone: ahhhh Saellll Lorenzo??
Me: Siiiiii :))) (finally)

Another story,

For the first time it sound weird when I heard my colleagues said 'Khava, Khenkins, I dos, Kheson' but now I got it all. Muey Bien!!!!

and etc.. :))

So that's why it's very important to pronounce it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment