Sunday, August 27, 2017

La Cemetery Recoleta, Not as Spooky As its Name

I like the sound of Recoleta when I heard it for the first time. Sound so pretty and elegance. Recoleta is one of neighbourhood in Buenos Aires. When you need some place for cultural center then Recoleta is the answer. You will love the architecture here. Feel like you are in Europe. No wonder Recoleta is also famous as one of the priciest real estate in the city. One of my favorite place in Recolte is the cemetery, Recoleta Cemetery. If you know about Evita Peron, one of influential people in Argentina, her grave is also there. When you are in Buenos Aires, I highly recommend you to visit this place because as BBC said, this grave is one of the world's best cemetery in the world. To get in Recoleta you can take by subte or bus. It wont be difficult since it is an important tourist destination. 




Oh my god, Me? Visiting a cemetery? Yes. Trust me, I am not a fan of spooky place but at least I already visited this place twice. I like this place, not just admiring the architecture but somehow this place kind of remind me that someday I also will be resting just like them. Leaving all of things that you love or hate in this world. And in main gate when you are leaving the cemetery you will see "Expectamus Dominum". It is from Latin meaning 'We expect God' or in other words it means 'We are waiting for the lords.





No entrance fee needed to enter this cemetery. You also can join tour there to know better about this cemetery. They also have english speker, just check the schedule. For me, to be honest I never join their tour, just strolling around the cemetery, admiring and of course take some pictures. 

Walking Tour

Here's some others photos from La Cemetery Recoleta. Dont ask me who is the name that rest in each grave :D

Lane of Grave

One of tourist destinations in Buenos Aires

The Grave of President Carlos Pellegrini

beautiful place for reflection and photography




No comments:

Post a Comment